News

22.4 billion baht approved to revitalize local tourism

According to report in Bangkokpost.com, the cabinet has approved two stimulus packages worth 22.4 billion baht to revitalize the Thai domestic tourism which has been left reeling from the Covid-19 pandemic.

The two packages will start today and valid until Oct 31, said deputy government spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul.

She said that originally there were three packages known as “Happiness-sharing trips”, “Let’s travel”, and “Moral Support” — proposed by the Tourism and Sports Ministry but two of them – “Happiness-sharing trips” and “Let’s travel” are now merged and are known as “We travel together”.

The 2 billion baht “Happiness-sharing trips” package is to subsidize domestic flight fares, inter-provincial bus fares and car rental fees for a total of 2 million people.

The government plans to subsidize 2 million air tickets, with the subsidy limited to 2,000 baht per person. Eligible people must pay for their tickets first and the government will pay them back 40% of ticket prices. For round-trip tickets, the subsidy is limited to no more than 1,000 baht per seat.

The “Let’s travel” package worth 18 billion baht will fund subsidies for accommodation, food and other services provided at tourist destinations.

The government will subsidize five million nights of hotel accommodation at 40% of normal room rates up to 3,000 baht per night for up to five nights. Travelers will be responsible for the other 60%.

The package also subsidizes other services such as food which is capped at 600 baht per room per night. In order to qualify for the subsidies, travelers must travel out of their home province and is limited to 40% of actual expenses.

Hotels and eateries can register to join the package starting today and they must have a certificates issued by the Department of Tourism while the public can register on July 15 on www.เราเที่ยวด้วยกัน.com or We travel together, Ms Traisuree said.

The “Moral Support” package which is worth 2.4 billion baht will fund holiday travel for 1.2 million health volunteers and officials of sub-district hospitals.

The subsidy is limited to 2,000 baht per tourist for a trip of at least two days and one night, and is expected to help 13,000 local tour firms.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. CBD for Sale

    August 2, 2020 at 1:46 pm

    I really like what you guys are up too. This sort of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the very good works guys I’ve added you guys to my own blogroll.

    my blog … CBD for Sale

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Join us roadtrippers.asia as our adventures take you to some of the exotic places, enjoy some of the most amazing food, test drive some of the coolest rides and stay in some of the most fabulous hotels and resort

If you would like us to drop by for a review of your establishments, do drop us a line at roadtrippers.asia@gmail.com

Copyright © 2017 www.roadtrippers.asia

To Top